Wednesday, July 15, 2015

21 Week Progress!

Can you believe we're at 21 weeks already? I'm behind as always, so tomorrow will begin week 22. We are creeping steadily closer to that big milestone, the bare minimum viability date of 24 weeks. Of course our prayer continues to be a delivery at 32 weeks.

Here's what this week looked like, according to the good folks at The Bump. We hope to hear at our next ultrasound that our little pomegranates are all over a pound!


And here I am, growing ever outward and now sideways as well.


And since you haven't seen one for a while, here's the view from up top.


Still no stretch marks. I don't know if they will come later, but I'm doing what I can to prevent them. Becky introduced me to an amazing body butter that she used during her pregnancy. I slather it on twice a day. What I love about it, besides that it's locally made in small batches, is that when I put on my afternoon application my stomach is still dewey from the morning. I haven't had any dry belly at all! When I bought my new jar yesterday I bought it in Cucumber Melon, not a fragrance I normally choose, but such a blast from the past that I couldn't resist!

My weight is creeping steadily upward, though it will dip down periodically by a pound or two. Overall I think we're doing well and I seem to be getting a good mix of calories and fruits. I will confess that I am currently typing one handed, with a rice crispy treat in the other.

We had our 21 week MFM appointment yesterday and everyone continues to look great. Micah was working on his dance moves the entire time we were in the ultrasound. I think that he's got rhythm, unlike his parents.






Marin frequently seems to be waving at us during the ultrasound. Our Little Miss Congeniality already!



A few days ago I woke up and realized something had changed. It seemed Roland had extracted his naughty little head from my rib cage and headed South, much to my delight. As you know, between the rib pain, RLS and frequent urination, sleep has not been my friend these months. Sadly my excitement was short lived, as I sensed another new sensation. An itch. On my belly. My hands. Arms. Legs. Feet. Back. Ugh. Sure enough, I had traded rib pain for the dreaded PUPPS rash! In the end, I guess I'm Even Steven, as I've lost a pain to gain an itch, and the rash also gives me an excuse to take multiple oatmeal baths each day, which, bonus, temporarily calms my restless legs!


I want to thank all of you who having been praying for my fellow quad mommas going through difficult times right now. My southern friend and super quad mom, Sherri, wrote a beautiful post on these ladies yesterday. Please take a moment to click over to her marvelous blog (the cover photo alone is worth the click), Quads In The South, and continue to pray for all these families.

Much love and blessings to you all,
Jen






No comments:

Post a Comment