Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Introducing Micah Paul, The Feisty One

Micah Paul
Born: 9/10/2015 @ 11:24a
Weight: 3lbs.
Length: 17"

Before I get to Micah, a general note about all four babies. They are the hairiest little beasts you've ever seen! No one can believe how much hair they have. Had these been forty week babies they very well may have emerged sporting a range of dos from mullets to bobs. In addition to all the hair on their heads they have the soft fuzz covering their bodies which normally falls out just before full term birth. It's all quite amusing and of course only adds to their general cuteness in my eyes.

The docs pulled the kiddos out in order as they were lettered during ultrasounds, A, B, C, D, so I'll proceed the same way.

I think every nurse who has worked with Micah has used the exact word, "feisty" to describe him. I love that he is not frail and lets the nurses know he is there. He's a good baby, but very vocal when he's displeased, which to his credit is not incredibly often.

Micah started off with all the usual preemie accessories, IV, CPAP, feeding tube and bilirubin light. A couple days ago he had a twelve hour trial off the CPAP but went back on. The doctor's anticipate it coming off again, hopefully for good, tomorrow. Yesterday evening he went off his bilirubin light and now we can see his gorgeous eyes when he wakes up long enough to open them.

Micah got spoiled with daddy holding him at four and five days, and mom at day six. He was fussing before the holds but calmed immediately when Andy or I held him and nestled contentedly in our chests for an hour each night. 

Micah Paul, 1 day old




My favorite, Micah's epic tantrum at 3 days old




Micah's first hold with daddy




Micah, 6 days old



4 comments:

  1. Hi Jen, this is Sue P, and I am a hopeless mess. My heart is beating so fast, and there is a fountain of joy inside me for you that is overflowing over my cheeks as I think of your miracle babies. God is so good! Jeff and I are so happy for you, and so look forward to seeing all of you as soon as we can. Our prayers continue. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. I think I am a little more in love and awe (and also awwwwww) every time I see them! God is so good!

      Delete
  2. Where you able to get weights and measurements on them? I'm so curious if they all made your 3lb goal. They are beautiful congrats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reminder! Updating them now.

      Delete