Tuesday, June 2, 2015

A Mouse, an Anniversary and Four Genders.

You guys, week fifteen has been an eventful one!

A big note of praise that my constant nausea is now only very occasional nausea. Unfortunately, now I have constant rib pain and heartburn, but I think that both are preferable to feeling like I'm going to yak up my guts every waking minute!

This week mom and I made the trip to Livonia to visit my maternal Grandma, known always and forever as "The Mouse". It was a great visit and a great meal at The Mouse's favorite burger joint. Mouse raved about my bump and how cute it was, which is a welcome compliment to one who is feeling unsure and uncomfortable in her new and ever changing shape. It was a ton of fun to see how excited she is for us.


Yesterday, June 1, 2015 we had our fifteen week ultrasound. Starting with the second trimesters, the crown to rump measurements are replaced by head, abdomen and femur measurements. All babies are measuring ahead of their gestational age, which is fantastic news for us all!

Baby A - Measuring 16+2 weeks
Baby B - Measuring 16 weeks
Baby C - Measuring 16 weeks
Baby D - Measuring 15+6 weeks

These measurements put all the babies above the 94th percentile!

The ultrasound tech prepared us for the possibility that we would not leave knowing all the genders, and sure enough, right out of the gate, Baby A was totally uncooperative. She moved on to B and C who graciously struck perfect poses for us and gave the tech a clear view to get to know them better. She swung back around to Baby A, who, shamed by the siblings good behavior, was at last ready to cooperate. Moving on to Baby D we seemed to have finally hit a true challenge. The tiny troublemaker was not only turned away, but curled tight. The tech tried everything in her power, jabbing and jostling my belly (including my extremely full bladder) trying to get the little stinker to cooperate, but to no avail. I was coming close to accepting the idea that we may have to wait another two weeks for the Baby D gender reveal, but the tech was on a mission. She was not about to be defeated by a human the size of a navel orange! Ten minutes later, we had our answer. For now they will remain Baby A, B, C and D, but I promise, if you keep checking in, you will know soon who is who. For now, feel free to guess!




And here is what four babies the size of navel oranges look like from the outside. 


I'm not generally into skin shots, however for reasons purely of vanity, I thought I'd throw one up here before my belly is covered in stretch marks.


Last, to top off an absolutely Cloud 9 kind of day, Super Hubs and I celebrated our two year wedding anniversary Monday! What a lot of twists and turns our lives have taken since then. I can assure you, these two had no idea what they were in for!



I was exhausted last night since my day had contained both a doctor visit and a grocery trip. Yes, seriously, a trip to the grocery makes me want to sleep for several hours. But My Love came home from the office with a beautiful orchid plant, a card and an invitation to dinner. It was too much to resist. On a side note, has anyone else noticed that we often seem marry our polar opposite? I never seem to stop talking, while Andy often has little to say. As a result, he rarely has to apologize for words blurted out in haste, unlike me other people I could mention. Anyway, all that to say that while Andy is often quiet in conversation, every time he hands me a card he knocks it out of the park! It may be partly the hormones raging through me, but I got halfway through his card and teared up.

Back to the story. I got really ambitious and decided we should walk downtown for dinner, only about a fifteen minute walk, but that has become a big deal for me. There is a restaurant there called Hop Cat, where we have tried to eat on at least four other occasions, but my rumbling stomach was always deterred by the multi-hour wait. We decided to give it a try again, hoping that a Monday night would be slow. As a backup, we settled on Stella's, which GQ Magazine has deemed as home of the best burger in America. Not bad at all for our second choice, and we were confident that either restaurant would be a win!

So we walk into Hop Cat, which was jam packed, even on a Monday, but we were amazed to be shown straight to a table! And let me assure you, not only did it live up to the hype, but was well worth waiting a year to experience. We split the pretzel appetizer and each ordered the five cheese grilled cheese with crack fries for our entrees. It was all so good, and really the perfect end to a perfect day. 


P.S. That is Andy's plate of fries in front of me...I didn't leave a scrap of food on mine!


As always, thank you all for your continued prayers and support on our journey. We appreciate every one!









No comments:

Post a Comment