Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Making Four People is Hard!!!

You guys, I'm tired! My body is working overtime these days. Andy and I are still getting out for walks but any activity tends to wipe me out for hours after.

We had a good ultrasound Monday, and figured out why my ribs hurt all the time. Baby C is jamming my organs up into my right rib cage. Ouch! On the plus side, I now have my Official Mom Guilt Trip for Baby C. I can picture it already. "I allowed my organs to be jammed into my ribcage for you and you can't even clean your room for your mother!?!?" I can use this in countless situations I'm sure. For the record, the Official Mom Guilt Trip of my childhood was smoking, though it was not as versatile as the rib thing. Any time I was doing something perceived as unhealthy, mom would say "When i found out I was pregnant with you I gave  up smoking so that you could have a healthy life. Don't throw away my sacrifice now." It may not have been quite that dramatic, but it's how i remember it, right mom?

Here are the little blessings at 17 weeks. It was a quick check, just heartbeats and gender confirmation, and once again Baby D was our problem child, not cooperating for the tech. In the end though, everybody turned out to be just what we were told at 15 weeks, no body parts added or deleted since the last visit!







This weekend Andy and I headed to Milwaukee for the wedding of one of his high school friends. We had a great time and it was so fun to catch up with some of Andy's friends that I hadn't seen for a while, and to meet some for the first time. I was shocked that I lasted until eleven, which was midnight our time, and definitely a record for me in the last few months!



On our way back Sunday we made the traditional stop at Mars Cheese Castle. If you ever find yourself on the stretch of highway between Chicago and Milwaukee this is a stop not to be missed! I have been coming here since I was a kid, though it has grown and changed a lot since then.



We purposely held off on breakfast so that we could polish off an Apple Kringle in the car. It we gooey and delicious and worth the wait. We had about three quarters of it gone before we hit the Wisconsin/Illinois border a few miles away!



Another goodie we always grab at Mars are cheese curds. These didn't even last long enough to photograph, but I promise they were amazing. We also got dark chocolate seafoam, which is my second favorite sweet in the whole world. My first is Rice Crispy Treats, which I almost never make because I can't seem to eat less than half a batch in one sitting. We picked up a small bag of Highlander Grog coffee made by Door County Coffee which is my favorite coffee ever. After it's brews the whole house smells mapely delicious for hours! Last, we found Halloumi cheese. This is a cheese Andy and I discovered vacationing in Cyprus. We liked it so much that we ended up eating it with every single meal, including breakfast! It has a high melting point so it is usually served grilled or fried. We have been looking for it ever since we got back from vacation but haven't found it until now. We're saving it to make for a family visit in a few weeks. You're in for a treat, Mary, Rob, Mike, Danielle, Dan and Kelsey!



I'll close with my 17 week belly pic. This week I hit the twenty pound weight gain mark. I'm trying my best to grow some fat babies!




As always, thank you all for you're prayers and support. They mean everything to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment