Sunday, June 7, 2015

Milestones.

Hi all, and welcome to Week 16 (a few days late). LORD willing, this is the halfway point for us! I'll post weeks 15 and 16 belly shots together for you and let you be the judge, but let me assure you, there is a lot happening this week. I can feel my body stretching, tugging, moving and changing. My hips, back and ribs are extra sore this week and I've been really achy and cramping. Not to worry though. I called and spoke with Doc J. personally, and he assures me that it's all part of the joys of carrying quads!








The wild thing is, I only gained a pound in the last week!














The book When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads is basically the standard text for anyone going through this. I wanted to share with you some pregnancy milestones from the book so you can better track where we are.

Weeks 20 - 24: The border of viability

Weeks 25 - 28: Very early preterm for multiples

Weeks 29 - 32: Early preterm for multiples

Once we get to week 28 we can breathe a little easier. Once we get to week 30 we can breathe a LOT easier. I read somewhere that each day after Week 30 generally means three days less in the NICU per baby.

30 weeks is the average for quad delivery, but 32 weeks would be amazing for us! Please pray that my body can hold these little ones as close to 32 weeks as possible.

That's it for now. I have a lot more to share, but for now I'm off to church!

No comments:

Post a Comment