Sunday, August 30, 2015

The Final Countdown,


Well, we've not only hit 28 weeks, but blown past it by three days! The babies will be ready to meet us soon. Our goal remains 32 weeks, which would give me just under another month with the little ones in my belly.

I've updated my belly progress at The Quad Bod page, but here's another view. Still no stretch marks, but at this rate they can't be far away.



I've had a couple changes this week as well. First, the swelling in my legs returned full force. It's painful and makes it hard for me to walk. Actually, it forces me to do something of a waddle. Not particularly gracefully looking, but it gets me from A to B. A is, of course, bathroom, which would make B the couch. This is my most frequent route of travel these days. I may wear a path onto our floor before this is all over!

Second, and far worse, was waking up yesterday at 4am to shortness of breath and difficulty breathing. I knew this may happen carrying so many little ones, and I have dreaded the possibility. I've struggled with asthma since childhood, and the panicked feeling of not being able to draw air has gotten, if anything, worse for me over the years. Surprisingly, my breathing during pregnancy has been good until yesterday. Sitting up helps me but unfortunately also puts tremendous pressure on my southern parts, so I can only sit up for brief periods. I spent tonight sleeping in short stretches, waking up panicked and gasping for air. I am hoping that this problem exits as quickly as it appeared, but I also know that I can handle anything for a few more weeks!

I think I'll title this next section "Pea Brain". I have probably mentioned before that since pregnancy my brain capacity seems somewhat diminished. I am forgetful, have difficulty maintaining a train of thought, and just feel generally "dim". I have had lots of downtime over the past few months on the couch to watch TV and movies but have found my current mental state problematic. Andy and I have watched only a couple movies, because I can't seem to follow them. I have started to watch TV shows like Prison Break, Jericho, and The West Wing, but don't make it through more than an episode, because my brain just can't seem to string the plot. I invariably return to shows I've seen before and know well, Seinfeld, Hart of Dixie, Everybody Loves Raymond, etc.

Enter Sharknado.

So here's how the conversation went. 

Andy: Want to watch a movie tonight?
Me: If you can find something I can follow.
Andy: Sharknado?
Me: Never heard of it. What's it about?
Andy: Just what it sounds like. A massive tornado that throws sharks at the unsuspecting citizens of Los Angeles.
Me: Throws sharks? Yes, we MUST watch that.

And I loved it. The plot was simple, there were really only five characters (besides the hundreds of sharks), and it was just bad enough to be good. One of my favorite scenes featured Jon Heard (of Home Alone fame) being taken off screen to be devoured by one of the many sharks flying through the air. I believe this one was a hammer head. As the poor gent is being torn limb from limb by the beast, the talented Mr. Heard cries softly off camera, "Ouch! Owwww!" Really, the whole movie was just so bad that it was spectacular. So if you, dear friends, find yourself with Pregnancy Brain or any similar state of diminished mental capacity, I highly recommend Sharknado.



Last, one more shot from our maternity shoot with Abby Jayne Photography. Andy did a spectacular job fluffing my gown then running top speed out of the frame! I'm glad we got them dome at 25 weeks, as I'm not sure I'd be up to it today!


As always, thanks you for your love, support and prayers. We adore you all and the outpouring of support for us and the peanuts means the world to us.

Until next time, love and blessings,
Jen




1 comment:

  1. Just loving your blogs, Jen - woke up this morning remembering that I hadn't read your last one. You are amazing that you can maintain such a fabulous sense of humor among all your difficulties. Prayers continue, dear one.
    Love, Sue Porter

    ReplyDelete