Monday, May 11, 2015

The Big Reveal!

This is the day we have been waiting for. We are feeling like the whole world knows about the pregnancy...except our mom's! Why the delay? Well, Andy's mom was coming to town that weekend from Illinois and my mom was throwing her annual Cinco de Mayo bash with all her oldest and dearest friends. Add to that the fact that it was Mother's Day weekend and we figured it would be worth the wait.

I went to a local cake shop and ordered our announcement cake. We didn't want it to be immediately obvious that the cake was a baby cake, so we had the bakery disguise it as a brightly colored Cinco de Mayo cake. On the top of the cake we had them write "we're having a baby" in Spanish. Yes, I know the "baby/bebe" part is inaccurate, but since neither speaks Spanish I didn't get hung up on the plural vs. singular. The cake turned out great!


SuperHubs did an amazing job distracting the mom's while I snuck up with the cake. He pretended to be getting them together for a picture, but as they were posing for the picture, I was putting the cake down in front of them, ready with the cards showing our 11 week ultrasounds.



The surprise went off without a hitch. I think you can see by the video that the mommas were thrilled! I am really beginning to enjoy the delayed reactions when people understand that we are having quads. My favorite so far was a friend who looked at me with a blank expression, pointed to my stomach with dawning realization and asked, "they're in there? Right now?" Yes, right now!



Anyway, the night was a blast. It was such a tough secret to keep, especially from our mom's, so we love that it's out in the open now!


One more thing. The bloat has finally become bump! Wooohoo!



1 comment: