Tuesday, May 26, 2015

The Heart of the Giver

The heart of the giver makes the gift dear and precious. 
-Martin Luther

I love this Martin Luther quote. I have been blessed to be surrounded by such good hearts during my lifetime. I continue to be so grateful for all the prayers that pour in for our family. They are a gift I cannot measure.

I also wanted to share with you some of the other sweet gifts we've been given recently, which have found a home on Grandma Mouse's 1950's GE turntable cabinet. Note the dog sniffing to the left of the photo. It is VERY difficult to take a picture in this house that doesn't include a dog nose.



I already told you about Becky's generous stroller donation, but forgot to mention the other gift she gave me. Becky's sister makes this amazing Shea butter lotion right here in town. I have been slathering it on my belly morning and night. When I put on my evening application my skin is still dewey from the morning dose! I don't know that anything can prevent stretch marks with four babies, but folks, I'm going to try!


After much research on the needs and desires of pregnant ladies, my beautiful sister The Bug put together these wonderful gifts. I put them on the cabinet just long enough to snap a picture before putting them to use. The green foot roller is massaging my toes as we speak.


I should note also that I was badly in need of slippers. My old ones look paper-thin next to my new Bug slippers. 


This last gift I wanted to share continues to touch me. Earlier on I mentioned Joni here on the blog. She is my former small group leader who I met with the night the doctor spoke to us about reduction. Last week over coffee she told me that she had really wanted to get something for the babies but hadn't known what that gift should be. Joni, always wise, decided to pray about it and wait for an answer. What came to her was a individual verse for each of the babies. So each baby now has their own special verse! The verse for Baby A happens to be one of my very favorites. I stop by the cabinet almost daily and pray these verses. Isn't this an amazing gift? I can't wait to see what special meaning these takes on in each Baby's life!













No comments:

Post a Comment